Registration as a candidate
The application for registration as a candidate for the practice of the profession (CPP) enables applicants to open a file with the Order. You must register as a CPP if:
- you hold an undergraduate degree recognized in Quebec or the equivalent;
- AND you are ready to begin a period of practical experience and/or the Professional Education Program (PEP).
If you do not meet these two criteria, you cannot register as a CPP at this time.
Depending on your situation at the time you register, you will have to complete additional steps.
* Important: the period of practical experience cannot begin more than 30 days before the Order receives the duly completed documents. For the total days worked to be recognized, you must submit a request for authorization on the first day of your period of practical experience.
Once you are registered as a CPP, you will have access to the downloadable version of the CPA Canada Handbook, which includes International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations and Accounting Standards for Pension Plans.
Complete an application
The application should take about 20 minutes to complete. You must click “Submit” to send your application to the Order.
For security reasons, information in incomplete applications will not be saved after 20 minutes of inactivity.
Documents to submit
In order for your application to be processed, you must pay the required fees (by cheque or credit card) and submit all the necessary documents to the Order.
Before you begin completing your application, please be sure to have on hand scanned copies of all the documents necessary for processing your application:
- Birth certificate (if you were born in Canada)
- Proof of residency (if you were born outside Canada)
- Most recent transcript for the undergraduate degree recognized in Quebec
- Letter of admission to the university selected for the PEP (university graduate program only) if you are also applying to the Order for the CPA Professional Education Program
If you do not have an undergraduate degree recognized in Quebec, you must also submit the following documents to the Order:
- Most recent official transcript for qualifying courses required by the university you attended
- List of qualifying courses duly completed and signed by the person in charge at the university you attended
- Diploma(s) for university courses completed abroad
- Official transcripts for university courses completed abroad
- Comparative evaluation for studies done outside Quebec issued by the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion
Note that your application will be considered incomplete until all the documents have been submitted to the Order. In addition, the Order reserves the right to request the original of any of the required documents.
Start your application [+]