Allowable and prohibited items
You will be permitted to bring the items listed below to the examinations (Common Final Examination and module examinations of the national program). Unless otherwise indicated, they must be placed in a clear plastic bag on your desk, in clear view of the writing centre presiding officer and invigilator.
All other objects in your possession can remain in your bag, which will be left in another room. However, you will not have access to it for the entire duration of the examination.
- Backup laptop (stored under your desk without a computer bag)2
- Non-powered, wired numeric keypad
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus Financial Calculator1
- USB hub
- USB key1
- Wired mouse
- Cell phone or other communication devices
- Computer bags
- Data storage devices
- Electronic diaries
- External keyboard
- Fitness trackers
- Mouse pads
- Recording or filming devices
- Tablets and hybrid tablets (e.g. Surface by Microsoft)
- Wireless peripheral device (e.g. wireless mouse)
1 Provided on the day of the examination.
2 The Securexam software must be preloaded. Apple, Macintosh or PowerPC computers are prohibited.
- Books and reference material
- Mechanical pencils
- Newspapers and magazines
- Pencil cases
- Pencil sharpeners
- Post-it notes
- Feminine hygiene products
- Head coverings worn for religious reasons2
- Medication(s) (clear containers/packaging or loose in a clear wrapping)2
- Prescription glasses
- Tissues (loose or in a clear wrapping)
- Bags (purses, briefcases, backpacks, hip packs, etc.)
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products
- Eyeglass cases
- Hats and visors
- Large jewellery (e.g. pendant necklaces and large earrings)
- Lighters and matches
- Outdoor clothing (coats, gloves, scarves, etc.)
- Pillboxes, organizers and cases
- Soft ear plugs3
- Watches, timers, clocks (you must refer to the time on your computer)
1 Kept in a clear plastic bag and stored under your desk.
2 Candidates wearing head coverings for religious reasons and candidates with specific medical conditions must advise the Order at firstname.lastname@example.org when registering for the CFE.
3 Provided on the day of the examination.
- Drinks (original container or clear container with no label)1
- Food (original wrapping/container or re-covered in a clear wrapping – i.e. Saran Wrap)2
- Opaque containers (other than those mentioned above)
- Cardboard coffee cup sleeves
1 All containers with liquid must have a cover to avoid messes. Juice cans and boxes should not be opened before entering the examination room.
2 Food brought into the examination room should not be noisy, distracting or have a strong scent.