A number of resources developed by the Quebec CPA Order and CPA Canada are made available to you. These reference documents will enhance your understanding of the CPA practical experience program, as needed. Reading these documents is recommended but not required.
Note that there are significant differences between the Order’s practical experience requirements, which apply to Quebec candidates, and those of CPA Canada, which provide the basis for all the provinces and their professional accounting bodies. The documents and regulations of the Order always take precedence over those of CPA Canada.
Resources developed by the Order
- Webinar on CPA practical experience requirements in Quebec - Video - 43 minutes
- Part 1: Explains the CPA practical experience program and the criteria in effect in Quebec – start to 23 min 35 sec.
- Part 2: Explains the steps involved in reporting and assessing a period of practical experience – from 23 min 35 sec through to the end.
- Practical experience log – User guide
- A supplement to the webinar, the guide sets out the details for using the practical experience log to help you prepare and submit your practical experience reports.
- Regulations and administrative procedures
- Legal documents outlining the procedures to be followed by the Order and candidates.
Resources developed by CPA Canada (reference documents for provinces)
- CPA Practical Experience Requirements
- A comprehensive document that sets out all the practical experience requirements, as well as the technical and enabling competencies to be acquired by future CPAs.
- CPA Practical Experience Competency Requirements
- A useful summary to understand how to match the tasks performed during the period of practical experience with the corresponding proficiency levels.