Practical experience reports
The practical experience reports enable you to self-assess your level of proficiency in the CPA competencies by compiling the tasks completed during a specific period.
You must submit reports in the following situations:
- You are reaching the end of practical experience authorized for a limited time.
- You have completed 6 months of practical experience.
- You have changed positions and your job description has changed significantly.
- You have changed employers.
The practical experience log is the tool you will use to write your reports and have them approved*. This tool is fully automated and accessible in your file.
* Important: If your mentor is not a member of the Quebec CPA Order, you must print a paper copy of your practical experience report to have it approved by your line supervisor and mentor, and then email it to the Order at firstname.lastname@example.org for final approval.
Report preparation and approval process
Note: Filing practical experience reports is mandatory. The Order must receive and validate all your reports before it can officially recognize the end of your practical experience program.