Nomination file for the CPA Award of Excellence – Community service
Winners are selected on the basis of the importance of their past or present contribution to not-for-profit or charitable organizations.
The selection criteria are listed below.
- Active participation in the development of his or her community.
- Significant contribution as a volunteer within community or charitable organizations or other not-for-profit organizations.
- Active involvement in committees or task forces.
- Participation in activities or events as a member, honorary chair, organizer, etc.
- Quality of the work accomplished for organizations.
- Strength of the commitment.
- Key role in implementing new initiatives.
- Key role in improving the organization’s models and practices.
- Achievements that will have a strong positive impact for the organization.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- be a member in good standing of the Ordre des CPA du Québec;
- demonstrate significant achievements;
- not be a member of the Order’s Executive Committee or Board of Directors;
- not be employed by the Order;
- not be an FCPA.
The following persons are not eligible for this award:
- members who have been the subject of a disciplinary decision resulting in their being struck off the roll of a professional order or a similar organization;
- members who have been struck off the Roll or whose right to engage in professional activities has been suspended by the Board of Directors or the Executive Committee under sections 45, 45.1 and 55.1 of the Professional Code (criminal offence or disciplinary decision rendered by another order);
- members who, at the time their nomination is submitted and reviewed, are subject to a limitation or suspension of the right to engage in professional activities;
- members who are the subject of a syndic inquiry or who have been found guilty of a civil, criminal or penal offence.
- The Selection Committee has the authority to recommend a winner after reviewing the nominations. It may recommend that the CPA Award of Excellence – Community service not be presented for a given year, or that it be presented to 2 nominees of equal merit.
- A nomination that has not been selected may be resubmitted, up to a maximum of 3 additional times.
- The Selection Committee’s deliberations, the names of the nominees who have not been selected and the content of the nomination files will remain confidential. A summary of the winner’s achievements will be published.
- The winner is informed of the decision by telephone and in writing.
Each nomination file must include:
- the nomination form for the CPA Award of Excellence – Community service;
- documents supporting the nomination (maximum 15 pages);
- the curriculum vitae of the nominee.
Each nomination must be supported by 2 letters of reference. The authors of these letters need not be members of the Order. However, they must be sufficiently knowledgeable about the nominee and his or her achievements to attest to the accuracy of the information contained in the nomination file.
Call for nominations
Nomination files are only accepted during the annual nomination period. There will be no call for nominations for the CPA Awards of Excellence in 2016.
Award recipients agree to have their name mentioned in a press release issued by the Order. They also agree to have their photo and a brief description of their achievements published in the media, in Order communications to members and on the Order’s Web site.
Award recipients authorize the Order to retain their nomination file in its bank of nominees for a period of 10 years for submission to external contests or awards, provided the Order obtains their consent before making such submissions.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.