The future of pension plans
Now more than ever, the financial health of pension plans is a topical issue, especially in the industrialized world. This is true in Canada and Quebec, which are faced with an aging population that is directly impacting pension plan funding.
Sudhir Rajkumar, internationally acclaimed speaker and head of the global pension advisory program at the World Bank Treasury, will discuss key issues related to the current challenges for pension systems, such as:
- the hierarchy of pension policy decisions;
- long-term sustainability of a pension system – the ‘three-legged stool’;
- funding policy versus investment policy – the risk-return tradeoff;
- key elements of good governance;
- optimal investment policy design;
- the importance of building an adequate investments capability in a public sector context;
- principal-agent issues: fostering long-horizon investing;
- the equal importance of investment cost management and investment returns;
- stakeholder communications.
Friday, November 10, 2017, 12:00 p.m.
Saint James' Club
1145, avenue Union, Montréal (map)
11:30 a.m. Participants arrive
12:00 p.m. Conference begins
2:00 p.m. Conference ends
Admission (taxes included)
Candidat to the profession and étudiant: $35
Register by November 3, 2017 [+]
The conference will be held in English.
If the topic is related to your professional activities, you can report this activity to the Order in your compulsory continuing education file.
T. 514 288.3256