The recipients of regional group CPA awards are selected based on their achievements and contributions to the advancement and visibility of the profession in a region or within a charitable organization in the case of the CPA Volunteer Award.
The files of the regional award recipients are automatically submitted in the corresponding category of the CPA Award of Excellence.
Selection criteria for the CPA awards: Émérite, Émergence and Recruit
- Nature of the nominee’s achievements and impact on the nominee’s organization.
- Originality and innovativeness of the nominee’s professional achievements.
- Nature and significance of the responsibilities assumed by the nominee.
- Career advancement (or future objectives from a career perspective).
- Demonstration of the nominee’s dynamism and determination in achieving objectives.
- Contribution of the nominee’s various professional achievements to the visibility of the profession and their impact in his or her region and beyond, where applicable.
- Philanthropic contributions or contributions to the community either personally or through cultural, political, athletic, charitable or other types of associations.
Selection criteria for the CPA Volunteer Award
- Philanthropic contributions or contributions to the community either personally or through cultural, athletic, charitable or other types of associations.
(40% of the points)
- Period covered by the volunteer work and time spent volunteering in months or years. (10% of the points)
- Originality and innovativeness of the nominee’s achievements that had the greatest impact on the organization that benefited from the nominee’s volunteer services.
- Impact of the nominee's contributions on the visibility of the profession in the region and beyond, where applicable.
- A nomination for the CPA Volunteer Award must also be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the general manager of the organization or the chair of its board, who must be sufficiently knowledgeable about the nominee and his or her achievements to attest to the accuracy of the information contained in the nomination file.
Nomination fileEach nomination file must include:
- the duly completed nomination form;
- the curriculum vitae of the nominee;
- a letter of recommendation from a CPA or a FCPA;
- the documents supporting the nomination (maximum 10 pages, for example: newspaper clippings, in-house articles, annual reports, awards and honours received, other letters of recommendation, etc.);
- for the CPA Volunteer Award: a letter of recommendation from the general manager or board chair of the organization where the CPA volunteers.
Eligibility criteriaNominees must meet the following requirements:
- be a member in good standing of the Quebec CPA Order;
- be a member of the CPA Group that presents the award for which a nomination is submitted (have a place of business in the CPA Group's region).
The following persons are not eligible for the regional groups CPA awards:
- members of the CPA Group council or its committees;
- members of the Order’s Board of directors who serve on the Group’s council;
- members employed by the Order;
- members who hold the FCPA title.
Nominations will not be accepted for individuals:
- who have been the subject of a disciplinary decision resulting in their being struck off the roll of a professional order or a similar organization;
- who have been struck off the roll or whose right to engage in professional activities has been suspended by the Board of directors or the Executive committee under sections 45, 45.1 and 55.1 of the Professional Code (criminal offence or disciplinary decision rendered by another order);
- who, at the time their nomination is submitted and reviewed, are subject to a limitation or suspension of the right to engage in professional activities;
- who are the subject of a syndic inquiry or who have been found guilty of a civil, criminal or penal offence.
- The Selection committee has the authority to recommend a winner after reviewing the nominations.
- The Selection committee may decide not to present any award in a given year or to present it to more than one nominee of equal merit.
- A nomination that has not been selected may be resubmitted, up to a maximum of 3 additional times.
- The Selection committee’s deliberations, the names of the nominees who have not been selected and the content of the nomination files will remain confidential. A summary of the winner’s achievements will be prepared for publication.
- The Selection committee’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
- The winner is informed of the decision by telephone and in writing.
Award recipients authorize the use of their photo, name and a brief description of their achievements in publications that the Order or its regional groups may release on their print or digital platforms, including CPA newsletters, the Order’s website and social media, or the print or digital platforms of third parties, and waive all rights to compensation.
Award recipients also authorize the Order to retain their nomination file in its bank of nominees for a period of 5 years for potential submission to external contests or awards, provided the Order obtains their consent before making such submissions.