Requesting damages

It is important to note that the Disciplinary council cannot order current or former chartered professional accountants, who were members of the Order at the time of the alleged offences, to compensate those who may have suffered damages.

To request damages arising from a CPA’s professional misconduct, the complainant must submit a claim to the CPA, the former CPA or to the insurer providing professional liability coverage to the CPA, or institute proceedings before the civil courts.