How to lodge a complaint

To lodge a complaint for illegal practice or unauthorized use of the designation, simply send a complaint in writing to the Order, to the attention of the Secretary and Vice-President, Legal Affairs, describing the allegations and accompanied by all supporting documents. You can send your information to the Order by completing the online form.

Decisions made by the Order in matters regarding illegal practice or unauthorized use of the designation are communicated to the complainants. 

While the identity of people who file a complaint remains confidential, it is important to understand that, if required, they will have to be prepared to testify in court.

Procedure followed

When the Order receives a complaint for illegal practice, it launches an inquiry and, if necessary, initiates penal proceedings against those who violate Quebec’s Chartered Professional Accountants Act and the Professional Code or takes any other action it deems appropriate. 


For more information, please contact us at