1,211 Quebec candidates pass the CPA Common Final Examination
Montreal, December 1, 2017 – The results of the Common Final Examination (CFE) of chartered professional accountants (CPA) were released today. The Quebec CPA Order proudly recognizes with great pride the success of 1,211 Quebec candidates at this national examination, which is a major milestone in the CPA qualification process.
This year, two candidates are tied for the best result in Quebec: Kaihua He, a McGill University – Desautels Faculty of Management graduate, and Philippe Sénécal, a HEC Montréal graduate. Each one of them earned the Gold Medal for Quebec and a $2,500 cash prize by CPA Canada for the highest standing in Quebec. The National Honour Roll includes 10 candidates from Quebec, who will each receive a $1,500 scholarship from the Quebec CPA Foundation.10 candidates from Quebec on the Canadian Honour Roll
- Jérôme Antoine Xavier Blais, HEC Montréal
- Alexandre Duguay, HEC Montréal
- Kaihua He, McGill University – Desautels Faculty of Management
- Félix Henri, HEC Montréal
- Maude Massicotte, HEC Montréal
- Louis-Vincent Paquet, Université Laval – Faculté des sciences de l’administration
- Nathaniel Paquin, École des sciences de la gestion de l'UQAM (ESG UQAM)
- Nathaniel Port, Concordia University – John-Molson School of Business (JMSB)
- Philippe Sénécal, HEC Montréal
- Benjamin Théroux, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Quebec’s candidates are supported by the high-quality education delivered by the university partners and the Order as well as through the coaching provided by professors, mentors and employers committed to training the next generation.
- A major milestone in the CPA qualification process, the CFE was held simultaneously across Canada on September 13, 14 and 15, 2017.
- The CFE assesses proficiency in the CPA competencies: financial reporting, strategy and governance, management accounting, audit and assurance, finance, and taxation.
- Candidates must also demonstrate effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills, and strong ethical competencies.
- Candidates can write the CFE after successfully completing the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
- In 2017, the National Honour Roll features the candidates with the top 69 CFE results from across Canada.
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 39,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third-largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession: assurance, financial accounting, management and management accounting, finance and taxation. The Order is celebrating its 5th anniversary this year.
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688