The CPA Order presents the Outstanding Achievement Award and welcomes 22 new Fellows
Outstanding Achievement Award
This year, the Outstanding Achievement Award goes to Robert Després, FCPA, FCGA, Chairman of the Board of Cominar Real Estate Investment Trust. Mr. Després is a pillar of modern Quebec and a veritable monument of the accounting profession. Throughout his career, which began in 1947, he has distinguished himself in all areas and achieved equal success at the highest levels of the public sector and the business world. Mr. Després was successively Founding President then Executive Director of the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec, second President of the newly established Université du Québec in 1973, and President and Chief Executive Officer of Câblevision Nationale Ltée and Netcom Inc. from 1978 to 1989. He also served as a member of the Quebec Commission of Inquiry on Financial Institutions and the Royal Commission of Inquiry on Financial Management and Accountability. An Officer of the Order of Canada and a Grand Officer of the Ordre national du Québec, Mr. Després has also received countless honours in recognition of his achievements, vision, integrity and humanity. The CPA Order is very pleased to present him with the 2016 Outstanding Achievement Award.
The Chair of the Order, Alain Dugal, FCPA, FCA, also proudly announced the names of the 22 CPAs inducted into the ranks of Fellow this year. “These men and women become inspiring ambassadors who superbly exemplify the credibility, reputation and prestige of our profession,” said Mr. Dugal. “Their exemplary achievements bring honour to all members of the Order.”
The title of Fellow is presented annually to a small number of CPAs among the Order’s 38,000 members. These new FCPAs are joining a select group that now includes some 650 CPAs who have distinguished themselves in all the areas of expertise of the accounting profession.
The 22 new CPA Fellows for 2016 are:
- France Alain | Senior Director of Advisory Services | Vérificateur général du Québec
- Brigitte Alepin | Tax Specialist and Tax Policy Advisor
- Mario Bédard | Partner and Chair of the Board | Mallette
- Francis Belzile | Professor | Université du Québec à Rimouski – Lévis campus
- Michel Berthelot | President and Chief Operating Officer | Groupe Dallaire
- Suzanne Bourque
- Danièle Cantin | Assistant Deputy Minister | Ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l’Électrification des transports
- Benoit Caron | Director, Corporate and External Financial Reporting | Canada Post Corporation
- Michèle Colpron | Corporate Director
- Jean-Claude Desnoyers | Senior Partner | SME Business Appraisers
- Eric Dufour | Partner and Regional Vice-President | Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
- Jacques Frégeau | Partner | Deloitte
- Emilio Imbriglio | President and Chief Executive Officer | Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
- Guy Lavallée | Secretary General | Retraite Québec
- Jo-Ann Lempert | Partner | MNP
- René Martin | President | René Martin, CPA
- Raoul Ménès | Senior Partner | Ménès Consulting Group
- Ahmed Naciri | Professor | École des sciences de la gestion de l'Université du Québec à Montréal (ESG UQAM)
- Jocelyn Patenaude | Partner | BCGO
- Patricia Saputo | Chief Financial Officer | Placements Italcan
- Marie-Soleil Tremblay | Associate Professor | École nationale d'administration publique
- Luc Vaillancourt | President | Senneco
New Companion of the Order
This year, the Order also recognizes the exceptional merit of Jacques Lefebvre, ASC, who, although not a member, has made an extraordinary contribution to the CPA profession. As a representative of the public appointed by the Office des professions, Mr. Lefebvre was for 10 years an influential member of the Board of directors of the Ordre des comptables agréés and then the CPA Order. The profession benefited from both his wealth of experience in marketing and his outstanding expertise in governance. Always mindful of protecting the interests of the public, Mr. Lefebvre exerted a decisive influence, which our organization is proud to honour by awarding him the title of Companion of the Order.
About the FCPA title
The FCPA title formally recognizes those members who have rendered outstanding services to the profession, or whose achievements in their careers or in the community have earned them distinction and brought honour to the profession.
About the Quebec CPA Order
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 38,000 members and 5,600 future CPAs, making it the third largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including assurance, financial accounting, management and management accounting, finance and taxation.
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688
Follow the CPA Order on social media!