Public Accountancy Committee
The terms of reference of the Public accountancy committee are to administer, evaluate and issue decisions or recommendations regarding requests to evaluate the conditions for the issue of a public accountancy permit for CPA members in accordance with the Regulation respecting the public accountancy permit of the Ordre des comptables en management accrédités, the Regulation respecting the public accountancy permit of the Ordre des comptables généraux accrédités and the provisions set out in the Chartered Professional Accountants Act.
Any revision to the terms of reference of the Public accountancy committee is the responsibility of the Board of Directors and, in some cases, the Office des professions and the Quebec Cabinet, since it may require an amendment to the regulations concerned.
The Public accountancy committee is a standing committee and is specifically responsible for receiving, evaluating and developing positions by making decisions or issuing recommendations to the Board (depending on which regulation is concerned by the request) regarding requests to evaluate the conditions that must be met in order to obtain a public accountancy permit.
- Have at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Respect confidentiality
- Be available to attend meetings according to a schedule determined at the beginning of the year
- Be willing to deal with professional and ethical issues involving members
- Have partner status or be an assurance report signatory
- Have significant, up-to-date experience in audit and review
- Hold a public accountancy permit
- Be a member of the Board of directors
- Have been imposed a sanction by the Disciplinary council of one of the unified orders or another provincial accounting body, or been found guilty of a criminal offence
- Work for the same firm or employer as another committee member