It is important for all CPAs to be familiar with the legal framework in which they practice their profession. The purpose of this webcast1 is to inform CPAs of their obligations with respect to protecting personal information they collect in the performance of their duties.
On the agenda
- What is personal information?
- Difference between the obligations to protect personal information and the obligations to protect professional secrecy.
- What personal information can CPAs collect?
- Once personal information is collected, what obligations do CPAs have with respect to its use, retention and destruction?
CPAs in public practice, CPAs in industry and CPAs in the public sector
Geneviève Ouimet, lawyer
Director, Records and Contentious Matters, Secretariat and Legal Affairs Vice-Presidency
Quebec CPA Order
On the agenda
- Introduction (3 min 15 sec)
- Protection system applicable to orders and CPAs (7 min 15 sec)
- Privacy (7 min 49 sec)
- Step 1: Collecting information (5 min 34 sec)
- Step 2: Using the information collected (7 min 48 sec)
- Step 3: Retaining the information (8 min 47 sec)
- Conclusion (1 min 53 sec)
© 2015 Ordre des CPA du Québec
About the documents
You can access the documents mentioned in this webcast directly on our website:
- PowerPoint presentation [PDF]
1 This webcast does not qualify as continuing education.