Assistance towards success scholarships – Students registered or in the process of registering for the PEP
$1,500 to $5,000 scholarships | Annual budget: $140,000
Call for applications
Applicants must meet the following conditions when they submit their application:
- be registered or in the process of registering* for the Professional Education Program (PEP) delivered at universities accredited by the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec (the Order) or the national program delivered by the Order;
* To be eligible for this scholarship program, students who are in the process of registering for the PEP must have accumulated 75 or more credits at one of the bachelor's degree programs recognized by the Order, or have completed it and maintained a minimum grade point average of 2.8/4.3.
- if applicants are not yet registered for the Order’s PEP when they submit their application, they must agree to submit an application for admission to the Order’s PEP that begins in the summer 2021 or autumn 2021 session for the scholarship competition ending January 21, 2021;
- not having completed the Order's PEP;
- demonstrate that they need financial aid to help them cover all costs involved in continuing their studies toward the CPA designation;
- fill out and provide by the deadline:
- the online scholarship application form;
- the form entitled Personal, Family and Financial Situation (according to the model provided);
- the Income and Expense table (according to the model provided).
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident;
- meet all other criteria deemed relevant by the Foundation.
Students may apply each year for this scholarship program if they meet all of the eligibility requirements. By allowing students to apply twice per year, the Foundation seeks to give everyone an equal to chance to become a CPA and assist certain students throughout the entire process, if need be.
Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria. Click on each of the criteria to find out the details.
Applicants must fill out the Personal, Family and Financial Situation form to describe the various life factors or events that impact their current financial situation. Applicants must clearly describe in the form how the Foundation’s Assistance for Success Scholarship would impact their financial situation, and especially whether it would enable them to continue their studies or not.
Applicants must fill out the Income and Expense table and provide the requested information to confirm the information they provided in the Personal, Family and Financial Situation form.
Note: Applicants may include any other information or proof which they consider relevant. Supporting documentation for current expenses is not required (rent, electricity, telephone, etc.).
Applicants must include an up-to-date résumé with their application.
- provide a current transcript of the courses completed in one of the bachelor's degree programs recognized by the Order confirming that they have earned a minimum of 75 credits and maintained a minimum grade point average of 2.8/4.3;
- indicate, in the space provided in the scholarship application form, they plan to begin the PEP (summer 2021 or autumn 2021 session for the scholarship competition ending in January 21, 2021).
Applicants must provide:
- a transcript for the courses completed in one of the bachelor's degree programs recognized and a current transcript for the courses they have completed in the PEP delivered by an Order-accredited university;
- a transcript for the courses completed in one of the bachelor's degree programs recognized and the results obtained to date on module examinations in the national program delivered by the Order.
Note: An unofficial transcript printed from an Internet file will be accepted provided it includes the following information:
- the applicant's name;
- the program's and university's name;
- the cumulative average and the number of credits (only for the recognized program in progress);
- the Internet URL.
If the URL link does not print, applicants must attach a screenshot of their online file to the transcript.
Applicants must include proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency in their application file. Applicants born in Quebec may submit a birth certificate issued by the Directeur de l'état civil.
The Selection committee expects quality files, which clearly demonstrate financial need. The consistency of the provided information is also an important factor.
In addition to the electronic form completed online, applicants must email the Foundation A SINGLE PDF FILE that includes all of the abovementioned items:
- the Personal, Family and Financial Situation form (according to the model provided);
- the Income and Expense table (according to the model provided);
- the curriculum vitae;
- the transcript (depending on their academic path);
- the proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- any other item or proof required for your application file*.
*Supporting documentation for current expenses is not required (rent, electricity, telephone, etc.).
Applications will be automatically rejected if these requirements are not met.
Presentation of scholarships and method of payment
The payment will be made after April 1, 2021 when the list of scholarship recipients has been approved by the Board of directors. A letter will also be sent to recipients.
In the event that the scholarship is to be paid upon the fulfillment of certain conditions and those conditions are not met by the given deadlines, the scholarship will be automatically cancelled and no payment will be made.
It should be noted that the scholarship is taxable.
The payment will be made when the list of scholarship recipients has been approved by the Board of directors, and the recipients have provided proof of their registration with the Order (unconditional admission) to the Foundation by the deadline, i.e.:
- no later than May 31, 2021 for students who began the PEP program in the summer 2021 session;
- no later than September 30, 2021 for students who began the PEP program in the autumn 2021 session.
A letter will also be sent to recipients.
In the event that proof of registration is not provided by the indicated deadlines, the scholarship will be automatically canceled and a payment will not be made.
Finally, it should be noted that the scholarship is taxable.
The payment of scholarships may be subject to other conditions.
Deadline for submitting applications
Applicants are responsible for sending the requested documents to the Foundation by the deadlines.
The duly completed electronic form must be submitted to us by no later than 4:00 p.m. on January 21, 2021.
Applicants must also email A SINGLE PDF FILE which must include all the items mentioned previously, by no later than 4:00 p.m. on January 28, 2021. The documents must be properly identified.
All files that do not include the requested items in a single PDF file, all incomplete or late files will be automatically rejected.
The Foundation will not follow up on missing, incomplete or late documents.
Criteria and conditions that apply to all programs
Selection process and responsibilities of the Foundation
Award committees are responsible for evaluating the scholarship and aid applications received by the Foundation.
The Foundation is responsible for ensuring compliance with the evaluation criteria, the rules in force and the ethical rules of use for each of the existing scholarship programs. The decisions of the Foundation are final and without appeal. There is no review process.
Changes to the scholarship program rules and scholarship amounts
The Foundation reserves the right to change, without notice, the number and the amount of the scholarships, as well as the rules for each of its scholarship programs in force.