50 scholarships of $500
Call for applications
Applicants must meet the following conditions when they submit their application:
- be enrolled in the last year of a CEGEP program;
- plan to apply to one of the undergraduate accounting programs recognized by the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec (the Order) starting in the fall of 2019 or the winter of 2020;
- pursue the objective of becoming a chartered professional accountant;
- have been involved as a volunteer in social and extracurricular activities since admission to university;
- fill out the scholarship application form online and provide their application file by mail to the Foundation by the deadline;
- state that they have never received a CEGEP scholarship from the Foundation of Quebec CPAs;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- fulfill other criteria deemed relevant by the Foundation.
Evaluation criteria and required documents
Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
Applicants must provide a current official transcript (transcript of grades) including the R score as well as the seal of the institution.
A transcript printed from an Internet file will be accepted provided it includes the following information:
- the applicant's name;
- the program's and CEGEP's name;
- the R score;
- the Internet URL.
All other documents, including photocopies, are not accepted. If the URL link does not print, applicants must attach a screenshot of their online file to the transcript.
Applicants must fill out the following form to specify the session in which they plan to begin the university program and explain their interest in the CPA profession. They must describe their involvement in social and extracurricular activities (of a charitable/volunteer nature). Applicants must detail the number of hours spent, the tasks completed and the period concerned. Only involvement in activities carried out during CEGEP studies will be considered.
The Selection committee expects files to be properly written, contain no spelling errors and be neatly formatted.
Applicants must include an up-to-date résumé with their application.Note: Applicants may include any other information which they consider relevant.
Applicants must include proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency in their application file. Applicants born in Quebec may submit a birth certificate issued by the Directeur de l'état civil. Only photocopies are accepted.
Presentation of scholarships and method of payment
The scholarships will be paid when the Board of directors has approved the list of scholarship recipients, and the recipients have provided proof of registration in one of undergraduate accounting program recognized by the Order:
- no later than September 30, 2019 for students who began the PEP program in the autumn session;
- no later than January 31, 2020 for students who began the PEP program in the winter session.
Once the proof of registration has been received, a letter will be sent with a cheque directly to the recipients.
In the event that proof of registration is not provided by the indicated deadlines, the scholarship will be automatically canceled and a payment will not be made.
Please note that the scholarships are taxable.
Deadline for submitting applications
The duly completed electronic form must be sent to us by no later than 4:00 p.m. on February 22, 2019.
Applicants must also mail us their application file including all the elements mentioned.
The Foundation must receive your complete application file by no later than 4:00 p.m. on March 1st, 2019.
Application files delivered in person are accepted, provided they respect the established deadline.
Make sure that you clearly identify your documents.
All incomplete or late files will be automatically rejected. No file received by email will be accepted.
The Foundation will not follow up on missing, incomplete or late documents.