30 SCHOLARSHIPS OF $1,000
Call for applications
Applicants must meet the following conditions when they submit their application:
- be registered in one of the undergraduate accounting programs recognized by the Order;
- have completed at least 30 university credits from the recognized program (excluding recognized university credits from another program) and maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.8/4.3;
- not having completed the undergraduate accounting program recognized by the Order;
- pursue the objective of becoming a chartered professional accountant;
- have been involved as a volunteer in social and extracurricular activities while they studied in the recognized undergraduate accounting program;
- fill out the scholarship application form online and provide their application file by mail to the Foundation by the deadline;
- state that they have never received an undergraduate scholarship from the Foundation of Quebec CPAs;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- fulfill all other criteria deemed relevant by the Foundation.
Evaluation criteria and required documents
Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria. Click on each of the criteria to find out the details:
Applicants must provide a current official transcript of courses completed in the undergraduate accounting program, only for the recognized program in progress (credits and average).
A transcript printed from an Internet file will be accepted provided it includes the following information:
- the applicant's name;
- the program's and university's name;
- the cumulative average and the number of credits (only for the recognized program in progress);
- the Internet URL.
Transcripts with less than 30 university credits in the recognized program are not accepted.
As previously mentioned, the transcript must include only the credits and the grade point average for the courses in the recognized undergraduate accounting program. If this requirement cannot be met, applicants will need to send the Foundation a document from their university that contains the required information concerning the recognized undergraduate accounting program.
All other documents, including photocopies, are not accepted. If the URL link does not print, applicants must attach a screenshot of their online file to the transcript.
Applicants must fill out the following form to describe their involvement in social and extracurricular activities (of a charitable/volunteer nature). Applicants must detail the number of hours spent, the tasks completed and the period concerned. Only involvement in activities carried out while applicants studied in the recognized undergraduate accounting program will be considered.
The Selection committee expects files to be properly written, contain no spelling errors and be neatly formatted.
Applicants must include an up-to-date résumé with their application.
Note: Applicants may include any other information which they consider relevant.
Applicants must include proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency in their application file. Applicants born in Quebec may submit a birth certificate issued by the Directeur de l'état civil. Only photocopies are accepted.
Applicants must mail their application file to the Foundation along with all of the above mentioned items:
- the transcript as required;
- the Social involvement and extracurricular form, according to the example provided;
- the curriculum vitae;
- the proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.
Applications will be automatically rejected if these requirements are not met.
Presentation of scholarships and method of payment
Once the Board of directors has approved the list of scholarship recipients, a letter will be sent with a cheque directly to the recipients i.e. no later than March 31, 2020.
Please note that the scholarships are taxable.
Deadline for submitting applications
Applicants are responsible for sending the requested documents to the Foundation by the deadlines.
The duly completed electronic form must be submitted online by no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 11, 2019.
Applicants must also mail us their application file including all the items mentioned previously.
The Foundation must receive your complete application file (by mail) by no later than 4:00 p.m. on April 18, 2019.
Application files delivered in person are accepted, provided they respect the established deadline.
The documents must be properly identified.
All files that do not include the requested items, are incomplete or late will be automatically rejected.
No file received by email will be accepted.
The Foundation will not follow up on missing, incomplete or late documents.