12 tips and tricks to meet your continuing education requirements
Are you still a few hours short of meeting the minimum annual requirements for continuing education? See how best to use the weeks ahead so it all adds up by August 31.
12 steps that will make all the difference
- Consult your revamped education summary for a quick view of recorded hours and missing hours for the current year. If you have any questions about how it works, download the explanatory document available in your file.
- Review your e-learning registrations with the Order to ensure that you complete these training activities before the deadline, and check that the hours are transferred to your file.
- You can complete all your training activities online, provided that they meet the requirements for your situation, and that you can attest that you participated or prove that you passed. Many in-class training activities have been replaced with webinars that let you interact with instructors and other participants. This kind of training activity takes place at a specific date and time. If you’re looking for flexibility, webcasts fit the bill. You can watch them at your own pace until August 31.
- Watch for the addition of new training activities on our website.
- Check CPA Canada’s website as well for activities that meet your needs.
- Monitor any education platforms you are familiar with. Many e-learning activities are now available. Select the ones that meet your needs.
- If you were involved in restructuring or selling your business, ask our team whether you can add structured exchanges with other professionals to your continuing education hours.
- Have a look at the qualifying criteria on our website and check whether the training activities provided in your workplace or completed for work are eligible.
- Report any profession-related training activities completed at university or offered by other organizations. This includes training activities offered in partnership that you purchased on our website and Order special events that you attended.
- Don’t forget that language and office automation courses are eligible to a maximum of 14 hours.
- Report up to 15 hours of self-study activities. These hours are recorded in your file.
- If your own personal situation is preventing you from completing the training, please fill out an exemption request in your online file.
You have until August 31 of each year to complete your continuing education hours and until September 30 to report them in your file.
Feel free to contact our team by phone at 514 288-3256, ext. 2609 or at 1 800 363-4688, or by email at email@example.com if you require assistance in selecting or reporting activities.