Continuing education during COVID-19: Tips and tricks
Are you still a few hours short of meeting the minimum annual requirements for continuing education? See how best to use the weeks ahead so it all adds up by August 31.
14 steps that will make all the difference
- Consult your revamped summary for a quick view of recorded hours and missing hours for the current year. If you have any questions about how it works, consult the explanatory document available in your file.
- Review your e-learning registrations with the Order to ensure that you complete these training activities before the deadline, and check that the hours have been transferred to your file.
- Note that you can complete all your training activities online, provided that they meet the requirements for your situation and you can attest that you participated or prove that you passed.
- Watch for the addition of new training activities on the Order’s website. You’ll see that many in-class activities have been converted to e-learning activities.
- Don’t be discouraged by the lack of in-class activities. Some have been replaced by webinars that let you interact with the instructor and other participants. This kind of training activity takes place at a specific date and time. If you are looking for flexibility, webcasts will fit the bill. You can complete this kind of training at your own pace from now until August 31, 2020.
- Check CPA Canada’s website as well for activities that meet your needs.
- Monitor any education platforms you are familiar with. Many e-learning activities are now available. Select the ones that meet your needs.
- If you were involved in restructuring or selling your business, ask the Order whether you can add structured exchanges with other professionals to your continuing education hours.
- Check whether the training activities provided in your workplace meet the eligibility criteria.
- Check whether any training activities you completed during the COVID-19 crisis are eligible and whether you can report them.
- Report any training activities related to the profession completed at university or offered by other organizations. This includes training activities offered in partnership that you purchased on our website and special events of the Order that you attended.
- Report up to 15 hours of self-study activities. These hours will be recorded in your file.
- Don’t forget that language and office automation courses are eligible to a maximum of 14 hours.
- If your own personal situation is preventing you from completing the training, please fill out a exemption request.
We remind you that you have until August 31, 2020 to complete your continuing education hours and until September 30, 2020 to report them in your file.
Feel free to contact our team if you require assistance in selecting or reporting activities.
514 288-3256  1 800 363-4688 firstname.lastname@example.org.