Due diligence for acquisitions
This course focuses on the core part of a mergers and acquisitions (M&A) project: how to plan, evaluate, analyze and then synthesize the information accumulated. The due diligence process has diverse objectives: deciding whether to proceed, providing a basis for pricing the transaction, and preparing for life after the deal is consummated.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- deepen their understanding of M&A transactions;
- understand strategic objectives of a due diligence review;
- plan an acquisition
- develop valuation and pricing recommendations;
- understand critical issues in confidentiality agreements;
- identify key issues in a prospective acquisition.
- Overview of the due diligence process
- Planning the acquisition
- Planning the due diligence review
- Information and confidentiality
- Financial, human resources, legal and operational reviews
- Purchase price and valuation
- Tips and traps
Method of dissemination
This course will benefit CPAs who have experience in mergers and acquisitions and would like fresh perspectives, as well as those undertaking due diligence for the first time and those on the receiving end of a due diligence review.