Managing problem employees
ACTIVITY OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP
- Partenaire : COSE
- Registration/cancellation: Follow the Order’s normal procedure.
- Final registration confirmation sent by: COSE
- Location: Verify your registration confirmation. You will receive it in the days following your registration OR in the days preceding the session.
- Lunch: Not included
- Price: Please see the schedule fee below. Prices are subject to change without notice.
It’s not always easy for a manager to accommodate all of the individuals under his responsibility, particularly in the case of difficult or problem employees. The aim of this session is to provide managers with tools to better handle festering situations of this nature. The method proposed here concentrates more on bringing about behavioral changes in a problem employee than on a dismissal strategy. Our work will thus focus more on the interpersonal aspect than on the strict and literal application of the work standards code.
The main objective of this course is to initiate and achieve the expected change.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Situate their role and the role of other members of the organization in achieving a successful management process regarding problem employees;
- Use communication techniques and strategies to interfer towards a problem employee;
- Prepare strategies to initiate a behaviour change of the problem employee to generate positive results both on the individual and his work environment.
- Characteristics of a problem employee
- The legal dimensions in a processing file
- Changing process of human behavior
- Personalities disorders and personal problems
- The feedback of adjustment
- The material for a file
- The purpose and principle of gradual sanctions
- The writing of clear expectations
- Communication techniques with a problem employee
- The structure of meetings with a problem employee
- The recovery plan for a problem employee
- The follow-up with a problem employee
All managers that want to correct the negative effects brought by a problem employee.
The discussions, case studies and self-evaluation’s questionnaires allow acquiring practical tools and developing accurate intervention strategies. At last, the workshop will end by the drafting of a personal action plan including an application strategy on the goals to reach and the behaviors that need to improve.