Practical Tips for Government Accountants – Webinar
ACTIVITY OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP
- Partner : Practical PD
- Registration/cancellation : Follow the Order’s normal procedure.
- Final registration confirmation sent by : Practical PD
- Price : Please see the schedule fee below. Prices are subjects to change without notice.
- Webinar: Practical PD will send by email, in the 7 days prior to the course, the information you will need to access your online course.
- Webcast: Practical PD will send by email, in the 7 days following your registraion, the information you will need to access your online course.
Webinar: The session will use the Zoom solution as the training platform. The solution works with virtually all computers, and is free. You can also phone in for audio only.
This full-day course provides hundreds of useful and often unusual tips for accountants working at any level of government, as well as government agencies. Many tips will apply directly, while others will inspire innovative thinking from private sector experience and ideas, while not applying directly. The tips are illustrated through concrete examples derived from practical experience. Accountants are expected to be able to deal with a myriad of issues and situations. Each has their experience and what they learned from colleagues and mentors, but this course will provide with many more veteran tips, including numerous unconventional ones. Value will also be obtained from the sharing of experiences and practices by the participants. Over 13,000 accountants have attended the private sector seminars which form the basis of this session. It was created and is presented by an experienced private sector CFO, with extensive real-life insight.
- Creative thinking for accountants
- Straight talk on ethics
- Practical technology tips
- The faster close
- Some different management & leadership tips
- Improving financial reporting
- Dealing with contracts and lawyers
- Critical steps when you change jobs
- Trouble spots for financial leaders
- Some financial modelling keys
- Quantitative finance function measurement
- Negotiating tips
- Interviewing – a different approach
Course creator and speaker
Stephen Priddle, CPA, CA, CMA, member of Ontario CPA, is an experienced private sector CFO, but has also worked for a crown corporation, four Canadian federal departments, and on loan to the Office of the Auditor-General of Canada from KPMG. He has also submitted many successful federal, provincial and municipal government financing submissions, in his private sector career.
For additional information, see the Partner’s website