EXCEL – Financial Modeling (Level 1) – Webinar
ACTIVITY OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP
- Partner : Le CFO masqué
- Registration/cancellation : Follow the Order’s normal procedure.
- Final registration confirmation sent by : Le CFO masqué
- Price: Please see the schedule fee below. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Webinar: Le CFO masqué will send, in the days prior to the course, an email with the information you will need to access the course.
The platform used for this training is Teams - You will not need to install the application to follow the training. Le CFO masqué will send you, a week before the training, a link allowing you to take a test.
• Computer with Office Suite (in English or French depending on training) - see course plan for the correct version
• Reliable internet connection
• Speakers (built into the computer or external) or headphones
You must check the technical requirements in the course plan in the "Required marterial" section.
This training course is an introduction to the best practices in financial modeling in Excel. It teaches how to handle Excel functions and functionalities in order to build effective financial models that allow financial forecasts, scenario analysis and sensitivity analysis.
- Master the best practices in financial modeling
- Master the Excel functions needed to build dynamic and effective financial models
- Master the Excel techniques allowing to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Master the Excel techniques allowing to avoid Excel calculation errors
- Introduction to financial modeling
- What is a financial model?
- What are dependent and independent variables?
- What are the best practices in financial modeling in Excel? Scenario ans sensitivity analysis
How to build a one-variable sensitivity table? How to build a two-variable sensitivity table? How to use the switch technique? How to use the multiplier technique? How to use the delay technique? How to use the input technique? How to use the scenario manager?Excel financial modeling functions
How to use the following functions for more flexibility: Index Match If, Or, And SumIf, SumIfs Sumproduct OffsetInteraction between forecast and actual data
How to work with actual data and build a rolling forecast? How to build a variance analysis between actual and forecast data?Presentation tips
What functions to use to build quick summaries? How to improve a financial model with the Indirect and the Address functions? How to improve the presentation with the Round and IsError functions?Optimization tips
How to add total controls and validation pages? How to audit a financial model? How to protect a financial model? How to document a financial model?
The targeted learners are the professionals who are already using Excel in their day-to-day work activities and have to build financial forecasts, budgets, business cases and data analysis aiming at supporting business decision making.
We strongly suggest to attend the Excel – Intermediate Level training course before enrolling for this one.
Each learner must have access to a portable computer equipped with MS Excel 2007 or more for Windows, or MS Excel 2011 or more for Mac.
Certificate of completion
At the end of the training course, the learner will get a certificate of completion. This certificate will include the accreditation number of the trainer from Emploi-Québec, the name of the learner, the name of the training course, the date, the number of continuous training hours as well as the name and signature of the trainer. This certificate meets the standards for continuous training requirements of Québec-based professional orders.
Sophie Marchand, M.Sc., CPA, CGA, MVP, holds a M.Sc. in corporate finance and the accounting accreditation CPA, CGA. Moreover, she is the sole Excel MVP in the Province of Québec and one of the two Data Platform MVP in Québec. She received the MVP designation from Microsoft. MVP stands for « Most Valuable Professional ». She has many years of experience as a corporate finance professional and she specializes in financial modeling and in business intelligence. She acts as a consultant, a trainer as well as a speaker.