Why become a CPA
Becoming a CPA means choosing a rewarding, stimulating and respected profession. Thanks to your designation, you will work in positions where you will gain solid business management expertise. Your decision-making competencies will make you the go-to professional in all types of organizations and a leader in economic development.
Consult our brochures for more information:
- Secondary school students [PDF]
- College and university students [PDF]
- National program delivered by the Order [PDF]
Do you fit the profile?
If you want to…
- Open the door to a rewarding career at the very highest levels of business
- Be a leader in organizations
- Be part of a respected and influential community that is experiencing tremendous growth
- Travel the world in search of new challenges
- Provide advice to all types of organizations
… then the unique CPA professional accounting designation is for you.
See what candidates and young CPAs have to say about the profession! (in French only)
Take advantage of a vast network of contacts
With 39,000 members in Quebec, the CPA Order is the third largest among the province’s 46 professional orders.
CPA competencies are in high demand in organizations of all sizes, across virtually every sector of the economy, including high tech, the arts, sports and finance. In fact, the placement rate for CPAs is close to 100%. Currently 75% of the Quebec CPA Order membership is active in businesses, while the other 25% works in public practice.
Harness your potential
Right from the start, future CPAs can earn higher salaries, which can include a wide range of employee benefits, performance bonuses or even the reimbursement of certain business expenses, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, gym memberships and travel.
What's more, students who choose the CPA profession are highly sought after by recruiters and will easily find internship opportunities in industry or public practice. The value of the CPA designation translates into average annual earnings of $121,000, and most CPAs enjoy flexible work schedules.
A supervised profession
In Quebec’s professional system, CPAs practice an exclusive, regulated profession, which means that no one can claim to be a chartered professional accountant or use the designation or its abbreviation if they are not a member of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec.
Scholarships to ensure your success
Every year, a number of scholarships are awarded to students for their academic excellence and their school and after-school involvement. Learn how the Foundation of Quebec CPAs can help.
T. 514 982.4606 1 800 363.4688