Equivalence application evaluation committee
The terms of reference of the Equivalence application evaluation committee are to examine diploma and training equivalence applications for the purpose of issuing a permit of the Order and make the necessary recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Order.
The main responsibilities of the committee include:
- examining and evaluating diploma equivalence applications submitted by any person holding a diploma issued by an educational institution located outside Quebec, for the purpose of issuing a permit of the CPA Order in accordance with the regulations in force;
- examining and evaluating training equivalence applications submitted by any person whose training has provided a level of knowledge equivalent to that acquired by the holder of a recognized diploma giving access to the permit of the CPA Order, for the purpose of issuing a permit of the CPA Order in accordance with the regulations in force;
- examining and evaluating applications for membership in the CPA profession in accordance with reciprocity agreements entered into with foreign accounting bodies;
- examining and evaluating permit applications in accordance with the regulations in force to give effect to the arrangement set out in the Quebec/France agreement on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications;
- making the necessary recommendations regarding the requested recognition of diploma or training equivalence by specifying the education programs, professional training periods or examinations that must be successfully completed in order to be granted equivalence;
- reviewing the equivalence report for the purposes of accountability and the annual report.