Income tax – Update
What is the difference between the types of e-learning activities?
- A webinar is a live training activity which you must attend at the date and time indicated. You may access the training platform in your online file 7 days before the date of the webinar. We strongly recommend that you log in to the platform before the date of the webinar and follow the instructions in step 3 of your training path beforehand in order to test your computers’ configuration and prevent any connexion problems during your training activity.
- Web conferences, web interviews, interactive training activities, webcasts and online training activities are recorded training activities. They can be accessed at all times after their availability date.
Providing a high-level summary of tax law changes in the past year, this training activity examines current changes and relevant issues in taxation that affect individuals and most businesses in the private sector. Learn how the current levels of personal and corporate tax rates affect and possibly change accepted tax planning techniques. A review of the current integration of personal and corporate tax rates is provided.
The proposals from the Federal Budget, as well as other sources of information from the Department of Finance and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), including news releases, draft legislation, CRA technical interpretations and tax cases, are discussed together with other particular subjects of current relevance and interest. Coverage will be largely restricted to changes in the last year.
By the end of this training activity, participants will be able to:
- provide relevant and current tax advice to clients;
- prepare personal and corporate tax returns with knowledge of recent developments;
- complete tax planning arrangements/positions taking into account current issues;
- be confident that they are “up-to-date” with their tax knowledge.
- Tax rate changes/integration
- New rules dealing with the taxation of private companies, passive investment income, income splitting, small business deduction, etc.
- Federal budget (2020)
- Taxation of employment income/benefits
- Business income/deductions
- Capital transactions and shareholder issues
- Partnerships/trusts/charities and NPOs/deferred income plans
- International issues
- CRA administrative matters
- Provincial/territorial update
This training activity will be beneficial to those who need current information to advise clients, deal with the CRA, and who want to update their existing knowledge of income tax issues to incorporate developments in the past year. As the training activity focuses only on recent developments, it is best suited for members who take the course annually.