Corporate tax – Compliance and planning in T2 preparation
What is the difference between the types of e-learning activities?
- A webinar is a live training activity which you must attend at the date and time indicated. You may access the training platform in your online file 7 days before the date of the webinar. We strongly recommend that you log in to the platform before the date of the webinar and follow the instructions in step 3 of your training path beforehand in order to test your computers’ configuration and prevent any connexion problems during your training activity.
- Web conferences, web interviews, interactive training activities, webcasts and online training activities are recorded training activities. They can be accessed at all times after their availability date.
General objectiveThis seminar provides a comprehensive review of income tax compliance and planning issues relevant to the preparation of Canadian corporate income tax returns, thus enhancing practitioners’ ability to prepare accurate returns. Furthermore, this seminar addresses technical and practical issues arising from these diverse issues as a means of preparing participants to prepare and/or review corporate income tax returns. The precise content of the seminar depends on class discussion, but attendees will receive reference materials on all topics.
In addition, the seminar identifies and addresses planning opportunities that arise in the preparation of corporate income tax returns. However, the seminar excludes discussion about the completion of specific tax return forms due to the constant evolution of these forms and the practical reality that tax returns are virtually always prepared by professionals using computer software.
Furthermore, the seminar’s exploration of tax planning matters focuses on those that are, or can be, implemented during the preparation of tax returns, rather than broader tax planning (including owner-manager remuneration) undertaken on a proactive basis outside of year-end financial statement and tax return preparation. Participants seeking a more detailed review of other corporate tax planning issues may wish to consider attending the Review of Corporate Tax Planning seminar or other seminars focused on specific tax planning topics of interest.
Tax returns represent a major source of anxiety and confusion for most businesses…and even for some accounting professionals. To alleviate such stress, this seminar addresses the wide variety of issues encountered in the preparation of Canadian corporate income tax returns. Participants obtain a broad overview of income tax issues that can impact taxpayers filing corporate returns.
By the end of this training activity, participants will be able to:
- identify and evaluate issues impacting corporate income tax filings;
- analyze income tax issues for appropriate corporate tax reporting;
- assess tax planning alternatives arising in the course of preparing corporate income tax returns;
- assess the appropriateness of the results delivered by income tax software.
- Net income for tax purposes
- Asset transactions
- Taxable income
- Corporate relationships
- Federal corporate taxes
- Administration and disclosure
- Provincial issues
The training activity is designed for professionals seeking to build on their foundational or pre-certification knowledge of corporate tax issues or requiring a better undererstanding or refresher of issues that may arise in corporate tax preparation matters.