Ethics and rules of professional conduct
This training activity is intended to help practitioners and members in industry understand the provisions of the Code of Ethics of Chartered Professional Accountants and the Professional Code. Ethical concepts will be presented using case studies.
By the end of this training activity, participants will be able to:
- apply the rules and principles of conduct required of chartered professional accountants;
- discuss the application of ethical standards and ethical values in practice.
- The Code of Ethics of Chartered Professional Accountants and the Professional Code, taking into consideration the Chartered Professional Accountants Act
- Duties and obligations towards the public
- Duties and obligations towards the client and the employer
- Obligations towards the Order, the profession and the members
- Discussion on the fundamental values
- Establishment of a work ethic for chartered professional accountants
- Real-life cases
- General obligations
- Conflicts of interest
- Obligations of partners in a firm towards employees or other partners
- Multidisciplinary practice
- Work performed out of complacency
- Professional secrecy
- Termination of the engagement
- Round table and conclusion
This training activity will feature a mix of lectures, real-life examples and exercises.
CPAs in public practice and CPAs in business/industry