ASPE – Financial statement presentation and disclosure – Advanced
Designed for experienced professionals involved in financial reporting or quality control, this training activity uses model financial statements prepared in accordance with ASPE. It focuses on specific financial statement presentation and disclosure requirements and provides practical advice on the subject.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- draft or review ASPE-compliant notes to the financial statements;
- identify the most common omissions and presentation problems and make appropriate recommendations.
- General balance sheet and income statement presentation
- Current and long-term liabilities
- Financial instruments
- Business combinations
- Reorganizations and related party transactions
- Disposal of assets and discontinued operations
- Asset retirement obligations
- Measurement uncertainty
- Accounting changes
- Subsequent events
This training activity will feature a mix of lectures and real-life examples
CPAs in public practice and CPAs in business/industry
Course material includes the “Model financial statements – Private enterprises – Part II of the CPA Canada Handbook – Accounting”.
This course is intended for professionals wishing to enhance their understanding of presentation and disclosure standards under ASPE. Practitioners who would like an introduction to these standards are invited to take the course titled ASPE – Financial statement presentation and disclosure – Introduction.