ASPE – Financial statement presentation and disclosure – Introduction
What is the difference between the types of e-learning activities?
- A webinar is a live training activity which you must attend at the date and time indicated. You may access the training platform in your online file 7 days before the date of the webinar. We strongly recommend that you log in to the platform before the date of the webinar and follow the instructions in step 3 of your training path beforehand in order to test your computers’ configuration and prevent any connexion problems during your training activity.
- Web conferences, web interviews, interactive training activities, webcasts and online training activities are recorded training activities. They can be accessed at all times after their availability date.
Designed for professionals who would like to discover or review specific financial statement presentation and disclosure requirements under ASPE, this activity uses model financial statements prepared in accordance with ASPE.
By the end of this training activity, the participant will be able to:
- present various financial statement items in accordance with ASPE;
- draft the main notes to the financial statements in accordance with ASPE;
- identify important presentation and disclosure issues under ASPE.
- General financial statement presentation
- Balance sheet
- Current assets and liabilities
- Income statement
- Cash flow statement
- Accounting policies
- Accounting changes
- Consolidated financial statements
- Financial instruments
- Property, plant and equipment, intangible assets, impairments
- Income taxes
- Government assistance
- Related party transactions
- Contractual obligations
This training activity will feature a mix of lectures and real-life examples.
CPAs in public practice and CPAs in business/industry
Course material includes the “Model financial statements – Private enterprises – Part II of the CPA Canada Handbook – Accounting”.
This course is intended for professionals who would like an introduction to presentation and disclosure requirements under ASPE. Practitioners who already have solid experience in applying these standards are invited to take the course titled ASPE – Financial statement presentation and disclosure – Advanced.