Review engagements – File review
What is the difference between the types of e-learning activities?
- A webinar is a live training activity which you must attend at the date and time indicated. You may access the training platform in your online file 7 days before the date of the webinar. We strongly recommend that you log in to the platform before the date of the webinar and follow the instructions in step 3 of your training path beforehand in order to test your computers’ configuration and prevent any connexion problems during your training activity.
- Web conferences, web interviews, interactive training activities, webcasts and online training activities are recorded training activities. They can be accessed at all times after their availability date.
The purpose of this training activity is to assist audit managers, supervisors and quality control staff to effectively and efficiently review engagement files prepared under review standards. Using practical cases, it will develop skills to ensure that the file and financial statements are in accordance with standards in CSRE 2400 and ASPE.
This training activity focuses on review techniques that will help ensure an efficient and effective review of working papers for review engagements. Participants will be able to understand the relationship between the review process and the requirements for engagement file reviews under CSRE 2400, including specific new requirements of CSRE 2400 that should be considered. All specific file review roles discussed in CSQC 1 will be covered. Exercises covering some common problems that reviewers may encounter will be included.
By the end of this training activity, participants will be able to:
- understand the relationship between the review process and the requirements for file reviews under the CSRE 2400;
- clearly grasp the review roles discussed in CSQC 1;
- define steps to be performed to ensure an effective review;
- identify the file review problem areas through the use of examples;
- Determine what should be considered when reviewing a file;
- address queries;
- develop strategies to ensure preparers incorporate file efficiencies identified during the review process in future files.
- Why we review working paper files
- Outline of file review requirements under the CSQC 1
- How to ensure the file is prepared under then requirements of CSRE 2400
- Optimal schedule for working paper review
- Useful techniques to use when reviewing working papers
- Discussion of review problems encountered in practice
- File review notes – how to prepare and present them to file preparers
- Implementation strategies to assist in gaining file efficiencies in future files
- Completion of exercise to help identify what is missing and documentation deficiencies
Experienced professionals interested in improving their review skills will benefit from attending this training activity.