Interactive training – The Syndic's role
What is the difference between the types of e-learning activities?
- A webinar is a live training activity which you must attend at the date and time indicated. You may access the training platform in your online file 7 days before the date of the webinar. We strongly recommend that you log in to the platform before the date of the webinar and follow the instructions in step 3 of your training path beforehand in order to test your computers’ configuration and prevent any connexion problems during your training activity.
- Web conferences, web interviews, interactive training activities, webcasts and online training activities are recorded training activities. They can be accessed at all times after their availability date.
This activity allows all CPAs to better understand the role of the syndic as well as the disciplinary process.
The syndic of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec ensures that chartered professional accountants (CPAs) comply with the provisions of the Professional Code, the Chartered Professional Accountants Act, the applicable code of ethics and other Order regulations. The syndic ensures that CPAs do not perform any acts that are derogatory to the honour and dignity of the profession. Its mission is to protect the public.
ObjectivesBy the end of this training activity, participants will be able to:
- define the syndic’s role and the services they render;
- learn how an investigation progresses as well as the disciplinary process and the consequences thereof.
- Québec’s professional environment
- The syndic’s role and services
- The various steps of the disciplinary process
- How the fee conciliation process works
Interactive distance training
Paule Bouchard, FCPA auditrice, FCA
CPAs in business, CPAs in practice and CPAs in public sector