EXCEL – Dashboard (Level 1)
ACTIVITY OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP
- Partner : Le CFO masqué
- Registration/cancellation : Follow the Order’s normal procedure.
- Final registration confirmation sent by : Le CFO masqué
- Price: Please see the schedule fee below. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Location: Verify your registration confirmation. You will receive it in the days following your registration OR in the days preceding the session.
- Lunch: Not included
You must attend the training with your own laptop and check the technical requirements in the course plan in the "Required material " section.
This training course is an introduction to Excel dashboarding. Your company decided to implement a dashboard in Excel, but where to start? What will you include in your dashboard? How will you structure and show your data? How will you feed your dashboard? Those are the type of questions you will be facing and those are the type of questions we will be answering.
- Master the steps required to build an effective dashboard
- Master the art of advanced pivot tables
- Master the art of dynamic charts
- Introduction to dashboarding
- What is business intelligence?
- What is a dashboard?
- Why build a dashboard?
- What are the best attributes of a dashboard?
- What is a key performance indicator (KPI)?
- What are the steps to build a dashboard?
- Why choose Excel for your dashboard?
- Pivot tables
- How to build an efficient pivot table?
- How to benefit form the inner functionalities of a pivot table?
- How to optimize the calculations within a pivot table?
- How to optimize the presentation of a pivot table?
- How to pick the right chart to share the right message?
- How to deal with the chart data series?
- How to optimize the presentation of a chart?
- How to build dynamic charts?
The targeted learners are the professionals who are already using Excel in their day-to-day work activities and who need to analyze and report data with regular reports and/or dashboards.
We strongly suggest to attend the Excel – Intermediate level training course before attending this training course.
Each learner must have access to a portable computer equipped with MS Excel 2007 or more for Windows, or MS Excel 2011 or more for Mac.
Course registration includes PowerPoint presentations, Excel files with examples and exercises and reference to a web site (in French) where many additional resources are available as well as a public forum (in French).
Certificate of completion
At the end of the training course, the learner will get a certificate of completion. This certificate will include the accreditation number of the trainer from Emploi-Québec, the name of the learner, the name of the training course, the date, the number of continuous training hours as well as the name and signature of the trainer. This certificate meets the standards for continuous training requirements of Québec-based professional orders.
Sophie Marchand, M.Sc., CPA, CGA, MVP, holds a M.Sc. in corporate finance and the accounting accreditation CPA, CGA. Moreover, she is the sole Excel MVP in the Province of Québec and one of the two Data Platform MVP in Québec. She received the MVP designation from Microsoft. MVP stands for « Most Valuable Professional ». She has many years of experience as a corporate finance professional and she specializes in financial modeling and in business intelligence. She acts as a consultant, a trainer as well as a speaker.