Interactive training – Syndic – Independence rules – Rule 204 of the CPA Code of professional conduct
What is the difference between the types of e-learning activities?
- A webinar is a live training activity which you must attend at the date and time indicated. You may access the training platform in your online file 7 days before the date of the webinar. We strongly recommend that you log in to the platform before the date of the webinar and follow the instructions in step 3 of your training path beforehand in order to test your computers’ configuration and prevent any connexion problems during your training activity.
- Web conferences, web interviews, interactive training activities, webcasts and online training activities are recorded training activities. They can be accessed at all times after their availability date.
The duration provided is an estimate and will be adjusted once the course design is completed.
This session will allow you to declare the total duration in the field of professional ethics. These hours will automatically be transferred to your file.
General objectiveThis training activity is designed for CPAs in public practice wishing to refresh their knowledge regarding the concept of independence and Rule 204. It enables the participant to review and apply Rule 204 to situations encountered daily by practitioners.
By the end of this training activity, the participant will be able to:
- describe the main provisions of Rule 204;
- apply it in less complex situations;
- adequately document its decisions.
- Review of basic concepts
- Review of certain sections using case studies
- Best practices for documentation relating to independence
Lecture with practical exercises
CPAs in public practice