EXCEL – Intermediate level – Webinar
ACTIVITY OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP
- Partner : Le CFO masqué
- Registration/cancellation : Follow the Order’s normal procedure.
- Final registration confirmation sent by : Le CFO masqué
- Price: Please see the schedule fee below. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Webinar: Le CFO masqué will send, in the days prior to the course, an email with the information you will need to access the course.
The platform used for this training is Teams - You will not need to install the application to follow the training. Le CFO masqué will send you, a week before the training, a link allowing you to take a test.
- Computer with Office Suite (in English or French depending on training) - see course plan for the correct version
- Reliable internet connection
- Speakers (built into the computer or external) or headphones
You must check the technical requirements in the course plan in the "Required marterial" section.
This training course aims to get the learners to a sound Excel proficiency. As such, it is aimed towards the professionals who are already using Excel in their day-to-day work activities but want to get a deep understanding.
- Master the intermediate level Excel functionalities
- Master the intermediate level Excel functions
- Build formulas with embedded functions
- Get the prerequisites to register for Excel – Dashboards (level 1) and for Excel – Financial Modeling (level 1).
- Efficiently using the F4 function to create powerful formulas
- Using the F2 function to trace and understand the formulas in a worksheet
- Using the SUMPROD function
- Using the SUMPROD function
- Using the SUMIF, COUNTIF and AVERAGEIF functions
- Using the SUMIFS, COUNTIFS and AVERAGEIFS functions
- Using the HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP functions
Introduction to formulas with embedded functions
- Build embedded functions with VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP and MATCH functions
- Build embedded functions with INDEX and MATCH functions
- Build embedded functions with MIN and MAX functions
- Naming a single cell
- Naming a whole row or column
- Naming an array of cells
- Naming an offset cell
- Naming a hidden cell
- Using the name manager
- Setting a basic data validation
- Setting a data validation with messages to the users
- Setting a data validation by using formulas
- Efficient use of filtering and sorting
- Grouping and ungrouping data, hiding and showing sheets
- Using Excel windows
- Using the goal seek functionality
- Efficiently using the F5 function (go to)
Introduction to charts and pivot tables
- Creating a basic chart
- Creating a basic pivot table
The targeted learners are the professionals who are already using Excel in their day-to-day work activities but want to get a deeper understanding of Excel. This training session is also a prerequisite to whom would like to register for the Excel – Dashboards (level 1) and for Excel – Financial Modeling (level 1) training courses.
This is an intermediate level training session. This means trainees should already be using Excel on a daily basis but not mastering the functions and functionalities mentioned in the content section.
Each learner must have access to a portable computer equipped with MS Excel 2007 or more for Windows, or MS Excel 2011 or more for Mac.
Course registration includes PowerPoint presentations, Excel files with examples and exercises and reference to a web site (in French) where many additional resources are available as well as a public forum (in French).
Certificate of completion
At the end of the training course, the learner will get a certificate of completion. This certificate will include the accreditation number of the trainer from Emploi-Québec, the name of the learner, the name of the training course, the date, the number of continuous training hours as well as the name and signature of the trainer. This certificate meets the standards for continuous training requirements of Québec-based professional orders.
Sophie Marchand, M.Sc., CPA, CGA, MVP, holds a M.Sc. in corporate finance and the accounting accreditation CPA, CGA. Moreover, she is the sole Excel MVP in the Province of Québec and one of the two Data Platform MVP in Québec. She received the MVP designation from Microsoft. MVP stands for « Most Valuable Professional ». She has many years of experience as a corporate finance professional and she specializes in financial modeling and in business intelligence. She acts as a consultant, a trainer as well as a speaker.