Compulsory continuing education
All Quebec CPAS are subject to at least one of the two regulations respecting continuing education, depending on whether or not they hold a public accountancy permit:
- Règlement sur la formation continue obligatoire des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec
- Regulation respecting compulsory continuing education for Quebec chartered professional accountants who hold a public accountancy permit
Only certain retired members have no obligations respecting compulsory continuing education.
In this section you will find your continuing education obligations, the qualifying criteria and the providers and categories of qualifying activities. Don’t forget to report your hours each year before September 30.
Need help planning your training activities?
Consult the sample training plan that applies to your situation:
CPAs who hold a public accountancy permit
CPAs who do not hold a public accountancy permit
Need help to make the right choices?
- View our webinar (in French only)
- Read the 10 tips for meeting the requirements
- Refer to our continuing education activities program [PDF]
You can also contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 514 982.4641 or toll-free at 1 800 363.4688 .