1,195 Quebec candidates pass the CPA Common Final Examination
Montreal, November 30, 2018 – The results of the Common Final Examination (CFE) of chartered professional accountants (CPA) were released today. The Quebec CPA Order proudly recognizes with great pride the success of 1,195 Quebec candidates at this national examination, which is a major milestone in the CPA qualification process.
Michael V. Richardson, a McGill University graduate, earned the Gold Medal for Quebec and a $2,500 cash prize from CPA Canada for the highest standing in Quebec. The National Honour Roll, which features the candidates with the top 50 results from across the country, includes 6 candidates from Quebec, who will each receive a $1,500 scholarship from the Quebec CPA Foundation.List of candidates from Quebec on the Canadian Honour Roll
- Liane Brick, McGill University – Desautels Faculty of Management
- Franck Galiffi, HEC Montréal
- Elizabeth Girard, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Xavier Leclerc, HEC Montréal
- Patrick Pilotte, École des sciences de la gestion de l'UQAM (ESG UQAM)
- Michael V. Richardson, McGill University – Desautels Faculty of Management
- Quebec’s candidates are supported by the high-quality education delivered by the university partners and the Order as well as through the coaching provided by professors, mentors and employers committed to training the next generation.
- A major milestone in the CPA qualification process, the CFE was held simultaneously across Canada on September 12, 13 and 14, 2018.
- The CFE assesses proficiency in the CPA competencies: financial reporting, strategy and governance, management accounting, audit and assurance, finance, and taxation.
- Candidates must also demonstrate effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills, and strong ethical competencies.
- Candidates can write the CFE after successfully completing the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 39,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third-largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession: assurance, financial accounting, management and management accounting, finance and taxation.
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688