Request for an inquiry

The Quebec CPA Order’s primary purpose is the protection of the public.

To discharge its responsibility, the Order provides its members with training and tools to help them excel in the practice of their profession. Still, unfortunate situations may occur.

You can use the form below to submit a request for an inquiry to the Order in order to report an offence committed by a CPA, or to report a non-member of the Order who is performing reserved acts or claiming to be a CPA.

Before you fill out the form

Be sure to read the 4 sections below, as they will help you identify the subject of your complaint and prepare the necessary documents for your request to be processed. You must provide the most complete and accurate information possible to allow our teams to make an informed decision. The response to your situation will be determined after your request has been reviewed.

For security reasons, information provided on the form will be erased after 30 minutes of inactivity.

Reporting the conduct of a CPA

Do you believe that a CPA has breached his or her ethical obligations? Did the CPA violate legislation or professional regulations he or she must adhere to? The request for an inquiry form allows you to report the conduct of a CPA to the syndic of the Order.

Documents to include with your request

For your request to be processed, you must include the following: 

  • A detailed description of the events and the dates on which they occurred
  • All documents relevant to the review of your request

Disputing a statement of fees

Do you have a dispute with a CPA concerning a statement of fees (invoice)? If you are unable to settle a dispute over professional fees by mutual consent, you may apply for conciliation.

To avail yourself of this service, fill out the form and attach a copy of the disputed invoices.

Reporting illegal practice

Have you discovered that someone who is not a member in good standing of the Order is using the CPA designation or practicing acts reserved to CPAs? If so, you can use this form to report an illegal practice of the profession.

Documents to include with your request

To help us process your request, you may include the following:

  • The relevant financial statements
  • A copy of the person’s webpages or advertising
  • A copy of email exchanges with the person in question
  • All documents relevant to the review of your request

Improper use of funds

Do you believe a CPA has used sums of money or securities for purposes other than those for which you entrusted them to him or her in the practice of the profession? If so, you may submit a claim to the Order’s indemnity fund.

Documents to include with your request

For your request to be processed, you must provide the following:

  • Indicate the amount claimed
  • Clearly explain the facts supporting the claim
  • Include all supporting documents
  • Print your request for an inquiry, sign it in the presence of a commissioner for oaths, notary or lawyer, and send it to

inquiry request process

There are several steps in the process of requesting an inquiry from the Office of the syndic and they may vary depending on the characteristics of the request received.

View images of all potential steps >