1 215 Quebec candidates pass the CPA Common Final Examination
Montreal, January 7, 2020 – The results of the Common Final Examination (CFE) of chartered professional accountants (CPA) were released today. The Quebec CPA Order recognizes with great pride the success of 1 215 Quebec candidates at this national examination, which is a major milestone in the CPA qualification process.
François D’Anjou, a HEC Montréal graduate, earned the Gold Medal for Quebec and a $2,500 cash prize from CPA Canada for the highest standing in Quebec. The National Honour Roll, which features the candidates with the top 80 results from across the country, includes 23 candidates from Quebec, who will each receive a $1,500 scholarship from the Quebec CPA Foundation.
List of candidates from Quebec on the Canadian Honour Roll
- Guillaume Beaudin, Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Joanie Béliveau, Université de Sherbrooke
- Charles-Olivier Boucher, McGill University
- Élodie Charbonneau, HEC Montréal
- Sébastien Chung, HEC Montréal
- Patricia Coutu, HEC Montréal
- Charles Daigle, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Sophie Duhamel, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Tinhinane Ferrat, HEC Montréal
- Jessica Ferron, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Carlo Frediani, McGill University
- Virgile Gélinas, HEC Montréal
- Dominique Gratton, HEC Montréal
- Raphaël Lafrance, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Isabelle Landry, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Patricia Lapointe, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Simon Lavoie, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Frédérique Leblanc, HEC Montréal
- Sebastian Molina Calvo, McGill University
- Guillaume Morissette-Bernier, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Jean Najem, HEC Montréal
- Katya Veilleux-Durocher, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
About the CFE
- Quebec’s candidates are supported by the high-quality education delivered by the university partners and the Order as well as through the coaching provided by professors, mentors and employers committed to training the next generation.
- A major milestone in the CPA qualification process, the CFE was held simultaneously across Canada on September 11, 12 and 13, 2019.
- The CFE assesses candidates on the following competencies: financial reporting, strategy and governance, management accounting, audit and assurance, finance, and taxation.
- Candidates must also demonstrate effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills, and strong ethical competencies.
- Candidates can write the CFE after successfully completing the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
About the Quebec CPA Order
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 40,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including financial reporting, management accounting, strategy and governance, audit and assurance, finance and taxation.
- 30 -
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688