Quebec Budget: The CPA Order proposes a single tax return for individuals and corporations
- generate efficiency gains estimated at $500 million annually, because only one revenue agency would process the federal and provincial components of the returns;
- simplify procedures and reduce paperwork for corporations and individuals alike;
- create a single point of contact for all questions about tax returns and income taxes.
- Charge QST on online sales
- Simplify taxation for seniors
- Increase the relevance and consistency of tax measures
- Adopt a management policy for the Stabilization Reserve Fund and the Generations Fund
- Harmonize pension plan disbursement rules
- Create a parliamentary budget officer position
- Provide easier access to the financial statements of public and parapublic agencies
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 39,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third-largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including assurance, financial accounting, management and management accounting, finance and taxation.
See the brief submitted by the Order (in French only) >
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688