A Quebecer earns first place in Canada at the CPA Common Final Examination
Montreal, December 3, 2021 – Quebecer Chloé Bourgault-Bourassa, a Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières graduate, has achieved the distinction of obtaining the highest standing in Canada at the Common Final Examination (CFE) of chartered professional accountants. This outstanding achievement earned her the Governor General’s Gold Medal, a $5,000 cash prize from CPA Canada and a $5,000 scholarship from the Quebec CPA Foundation.
The National Honour Roll features 21 candidates from Quebec, who will each receive a $1,500 scholarship from the Quebec CPA Foundation. In total, 1,235 Quebec candidates passed this examination in September, thereby reaching a major milestone on their path to the CPA designation.
List of candidates from Quebec on the Canadian Honour Roll
- Alexie Barbeau, École des sciences de la gestion de l’Université du Québec à Montréal
- Catherine Beauregard, HEC Montréal
- Véronique Béland, HEC Montréal
- William Belisle, Université de Sherbrooke
- James Bolduc, Faculté des sciences de l’administration de l’Université Laval
- Marie-Pier Boulianne, Université du Québec à Rimouski
- Émilien Castonguay, HEC Montréal
- Alisson Cormier, National program
- Jannie-Lee Cyr, Faculté des sciences de l’administration de l’Université Laval
- Sara De Almeida, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Mathieu Dorval, Faculté des sciences de l’administration de l’Université Laval
- Justine Garon, Université du Québec en Outaouais
- Mélissa Gosselin, Université de Sherbrooke
- Emma Guilbault, HEC Montréal
- Nicolas Legros, HEC Montréal
- Cloé Perreault, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Arye Richards, Université McGill – Faculté de gestion Desautels
- Elizabeth Roy, Université McGill – Faculté de gestion Desautels
- Élisabeth Samson, HEC Montréal
- Francis Senécal-Lebeuf, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
About the CFE
- Quebec’s candidates are supported by the high-quality education delivered by the university partners and the Order as well as through the coaching provided by professors, mentors and employers committed to training the next generation.
- A major milestone in the CPA qualification process, the CFE was held simultaneously across Canada on September 13, 14 and 15, 2021.
- The CFE assesses candidates on the following competencies: financial reporting, strategy and governance, management accounting, audit and assurance, finance, and taxation.
- Candidates must also demonstrate effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills, and strong ethical competencies.
- Candidates can write the CFE after successfully completing the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
About the Quebec CPA Order
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 41,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including financial reporting, management accounting, strategy and governance, audit and assurance, finance and taxation.
- 30 -
Director, Institutional Communications
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288-3256  1 800 363-4688