New website for foreign-trained professionals who want to become CPAs in Quebec
- As the third largest professional order in Quebec, the CPA Order processes approximately 500 equivalence applications annually from professionals trained abroad or in the rest of Canada who want to become CPAs in Quebec.
- With just a few questions, the new website outlines the steps applicants must take to have their experience and prior learning recognized, taking into account their country of origin and training.
- A questionnaire developed with experts in experience recognition then provides a comprehensive picture of each foreign-trained professional’s training, expertise and experience.
- Applicants can complete the online evaluation procedure abroad, thus giving them a head start when they arrive in Quebec.
- The new site will gradually offer foreign-trained professionals plenty of tips on the job market for Quebec CPAs, learning French, the Quebec education system, work-family-school balance and more.
“The CPA Order wants to remain a leader in integrating foreign-trained professionals. Having a website that draws on best practices in experience recognition and coaching gives us the means to achieve our ambitions,” said Geneviève Mottard, CPA, CA, President, Chief Executive Officer and Secretary of the Quebec CPA Order.
This site was developed thanks to financial assistance from the gouvernement du Québec.
About the Quebec CPA Order
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 40,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including financial reporting, management accounting, strategy and governance, audit and assurance, finance and taxation.
Visit the website >
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688