The CPA Order presents the Outstanding Achievement Award and welcomes 18 new Fellows
The title of Fellow is presented annually to a small number of CPAs among the Order’s 39,000 members. These new FCPAs are joining a select group that now includes 659 people who have rendered outstanding services to the profession, or whose achievements in their careers or in the community have earned them distinction and brought honour to the profession.
The Order also announced the recipient of the 2018 Outstanding Achievement Award. This distinction, the most prestigious in the Quebec accounting profession, is presented to an FCPA in recognition of his or her numerous professional achievements, extensive community service, determination and exemplary leadership.
Outstanding Achievement AwardThis year, the Outstanding Achievement Award goes to René Dallaire, C.Q., FCPA, FCA, Treasurer and Director General of the Association québécoise de voile adaptée. This award is the latest in a long list of achievements and accolades for René Dallaire. In the past, he has received some of the highest honours, including the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal and the title of Knight of the Ordre national du Québec.
The 18 new CPA Fellows for 2017 are :
- Martin Bernier | Partner and Assurance Leader for Quebec | PwC
- Yvon Bouchard | Research Officer | Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l'Occupation du territoire
- Nicole Bourget | Vice-President and Director General, Personal Income Tax Division | Revenu Québec
- Eric Brassard | Partner | Brassard Goulet Yargeau, Services financiers intégrés
- François Dion | Assistant Deputy Minister, Finance, Infrastructure and Budget Division | Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
- Guy Fauteux | Partner and Vice-President, Eastern Townships | Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
- François Filion | Managing Partner | Accuracy Canada
- Paul Gauthier | Teacher | Cégep de Saint-Hyacinthe
- Carl Gauvreau | Vice-Chair of the Board | FEI Canada
- Gilles Henley | Partner and National Director of Professional Standards – Reporting Issuers | Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
- Pierre Laporte | Partner and President, Quebec and Vice-Chair, Deloitte Canada | Deloitte
- Michel Mathieu | Managing Partner | JLMD CPA
- Pierre-Yves McSween | Columnist, TV show host and teacher
- Michael Newton | Managing Partner | FL Fuller Landau
- Thérèse Roy | Chief Financial Officer and Vice-President, Resource Planning and Management Portfolio | Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Camil Tremblay | Managing Partner of the Dolbeau-Mistassini and Normandin Offices | Mallette
- Francine Turmel | Dean, Williams School of Business | Bishop’s University
- Jean Vincent | President and Chief Executive Officer | Native Commercial Credit Corporation
About the Quebec CPA OrderThe Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 39,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including assurance, financial accounting, management and management accounting, finance and taxation.
Manager, Public Affairs
Ordre des CPA du Québec
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688