The Soirée des Fellows celebrates the quintessence of the CPA profession
Highlights of the Soirée des Fellows
- The title of Fellow is presented annually to a small number of CPAs among the Order’s 39,000 members.
- These new FCPAs are joining a select group that now includes some 650 CPAs who have distinguished themselves in all the areas of expertise of the accounting profession.
- The 13 new CPA Fellows for 2017 are :
- Sonia Boisvert, Partner, Assurance, PwC
- Antonello Callimaci, Associate Dean of Studies, École des sciences de la gestion de l’Université du Québec à Montréal
- Guylaine Duval, Associate Professor, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Jacques Filion, Managing Partner, Montreal, BDO Canada
- Andrée Guy, Partner, PSB Boisjoli
- Adam Koniuszewski, Chief Operating Officer, Green Cross International
- Renée Laflamme, Executive Vice-President, iA Groupe financier
- Lise Lapierre, Associate Director, Accès Capital Québec
- Richard Létourneau, President, La Charpenterie
- Alexandre L’Heureux, President and Chief Executive Officer, Groupe WSP Global
- Marc Perron, Managing Partner, Quebec, Deloitte
- René Proulx, President and Chief Executive Officer, Exceldor cooperative
- Donna Salvati, Partner, Oligny, Salvati
- The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes FCPAs of great merit for their extraordinary contribution to the visibility of the profession throughout their career.
- The 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award was given to Guylaine Saucier.
- A person of indisputable moral fibre, a member of the Order and a Fellow, she began her career by heading the family business for 14 years before chairing and sitting on numerous boards of directors of large companies, where she played a key role in developing a culture of governance in public and private companies.
- Appointed a Member of the Order of Canada in 1989, she also received an honorary doctorate in 2016 from Université Laval for exemplifying the values of integrity and excellence as well as contributing to the sound governance of companies.
- The title of Companion of the CPA Order recognizes the exceptional merit of non-members of the Order who have made an outstanding contribution to the profession.
- The title of Companion of the Order was awarded to Richard Desormeau.
- Co-founder of the Vigilis Group, adviser to the Order and longstanding guest of the Insurance Committee, he has benefited the profession not only by suggesting innovative solutions based on his in-depth knowledge of insurance, but also by unfailingly supporting the Order during its unification.
“These men and women are influential figures who bring visibility and progress to the accounting profession. Their tremendous achievements have earned them a prominent place among our greatest ambassadors and their exemplary actions reflect on all members of the Order.”
Geneviève Mottard, CPA, CA, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Quebec CPA Order
“The CPA Order is proud to recognize the extraordinary career of Guylaine Saucier, a compassionate woman who has distinguished herself both nationally and internationally in the accounting profession. Furthermore, we are very pleased to award the title of Companion of the Order to Richard Desormeau, whose involvement in the Order has always been guided by transparency, integrity and professionalism, core values of CPAs.”
André Dugal, FCPA, FCA, Chair of the Order
Images and caption
[jpg – Web]
From left to right
André Dugal, Chair of the Order, Pierre Bruneau, host, Sonia Boisvert, Adam Koniuszewski, Donna Salvati, Alexandre L'Heureux, Andrée Guy, Guylaine Saucier, 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Richard Létourneau, Marc Perron, Lise Lapierre, René Proulx, Renée Laflamme, Richard Desormeau, Companion of the Order, Guylaine Duval, Sébastien Boivin, Chair of the Qubec City CPA Group, Jacques Filion et Geneviève Mottard, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Quebec CPA Order.
Biographies of CPA Fellows
Sonia Boisvert [+]
Antonello Callimaci [+]
Guylaine Duval [+]
Jacques Filion [+]
Andrée Guy [+]
Adam Koniuszewski [+]
Renée Laflamme [+]
Lise Lapierre [+]
Richard Létourneau [+]
Alexandre L’Heureux [+]
Marc Perron [+]
René Proulx [+]
Donna Salvati [+]
Biographies of the title of Companion of the Order and Lifetime Achievement Award recipients
Richard Desormeau [+]
Guylaine Saucier [+]
About the Quebec CPA Order
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 39,000 members and 5,000 future CPAs, making it the third largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including assurance, financial accounting, management and management accounting, finance and taxation.
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688
Follow the CPA Order on social media!