A Quebecer earns first place in Canada at the CPA Common Final Examination
List of candidates from Quebec on the Canadian Honour Roll
- Marc-Antoine Ayotte, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Joseph Bartlett, Concordia University
- Julie Cardinal, HEC Montréal
- Patrick Carpentier, Concordia University
- Alexis Désilets, Université de Sherbrooke
- Christine Gendron, Université de Sherbrooke
- Zachary Huxley, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Maxime Laliberté, HEC Montréal
- Marie-France Legault, McGill University
- Sarah Lupien-Désormeaux, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Simon Mc Nicoll, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Amélie Payette, HEC Montréal
- Caroline Ricard, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
The CFE: A rigorous competency-based examination
- Quebec’s candidates are supported by the high-quality education delivered by the Order’s university partners and through the coaching provided by professors, mentors and employers committed to training the next generation.
- A major milestone in the CPA qualification process, the CFE was held simultaneously across Canada on September 21, 22 and 23, 2016.
- The CFE assesses proficiency in the CPA competencies: financial reporting, strategy and governance, management accounting, audit and assurance, finance, and taxation.
- Candidates must also demonstrate effective leadership, communication and teamwork skills, and strong ethical competencies.
- Candidates can write the CFE after successfully completing the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
- The National Honour Roll features the candidates with the top 50 CFE results from across Canada.
The Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec has 38,000 members and 5,600 future CPAs, making it the third largest professional order in Quebec. The Order ensures the protection of the public and the visibility of the profession. It represents all areas of expertise of the accounting profession, including assurance, financial accounting, management and management accounting, finance, and taxation.
Manager, Public Affairs
Quebec CPA Order
T. 514 288.3256  1 800 363.4688