The Audit committee’s role is to assist the Board of directors in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities in respect of the quality and integrity of financial reporting. The Audit committee reports to the Board of directors with which it has power of recommendation. The committee monitors the financial activities of the Order and is also responsible for the oversight of external audit activities, internal control and risk management and information security.
The committee is a standing committee, and its responsibilities include:
- Oversight of financial reporting
- Oversight of external audit activities
- Oversight of internal control and risk management
- Oversight of information security
- Compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the Order financial activities
- Other responsibilities