4 scholarships of $2,500 offered by our partners
Call for applications
You must pursue the objective of becoming a chartered professional accountant and meet the following conditions by the deadline for filing the application form, i.e. January 24, 2024:
- be a candidate for the practice of the CPA profession in good standing with the Order (CPP);
- have participated in charitable or volunteer project or be about to participate in one;
- state that they have never received an “Outstanding commitment” scholarship from the Foundation of Quebec CPAs;
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- fulfill all other criteria deemed relevant by the Foundation.
NOTE: If your application is selected, your scholarship will be associated with a partner of the Foundation.
Applications will be automatically rejected if these requirements are not met.
In the event that a project proposal is submitted by a team, one single duly authorized person, known as the “project leader,” must fill out the form. All team members must be CPPs.
Evaluation criteria and required documents
Each application will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- accomplishments and impact in society (minimum 350 words);
- project timeline;
- inspiring leadership and drive;
- honorary mention, award or other recognition received;
- innovative character of the project;
- beneficial effects on the CPA profession.
To help us evaluate the aforementioned criteria, you must describe in same application form the initiative, project or specific activity (charitable or volunteer) that was carried out during the last year (from January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023) and had a real impact here or abroad.
For a project in its startup phase that will be carried out during 2024, you must provide a sufficiently detailed action plan with the application form so that the committee can properly evaluate the future project.
Feel free to attach any other information that helps describe the initiative or project (PDF presentation, relevant documents or articles, photos, etc.)
Presentation of scholarships and method of payment
The payment will be made when the list of scholarship recipients has been approved by the Board of directors, by no later than March 31, 2024. A confirmation letter will also be sent by email to recipients. It should be noted that the scholarship is taxable.
In the event that the scholarship is to be paid upon the fulfillment of certain conditions and those conditions are not met by the given deadlines, the scholarship will be automatically cancelled and no payment will be made.
Important information that applies to all scholarship programs
- All incomplete or late files will be automatically rejected. The Foundation will not follow up with you if your file is rejected for these reasons.
- The Foundation is responsible for ensuring compliance with the evaluation criteria, the rules in force and the ethical rules of use for each of the existing scholarship programs. The decisions of the Foundation are final and without appeal. There is no review process.
- The Foundation reserves the right to change, without notice, the number and the amount of the scholarships, as well as the rules for each of its scholarship programs in force.