Allowable and prohibited items
You will be permitted to bring the items listed below to the examinations (Common Final Examination and module examinations of the national program). Unless otherwise indicated, they must be placed in a clear plastic bag on your desk, in clear view of the writing centre presiding officer and invigilator.
All other objects in your possession can remain in your bag, which will be left in another room. However, you will not have access to it for the entire duration of the examination.
- Plug and play Wired mouse2
- Calculator1 (A BAII Plus Texas Instrument calculator will be provided.)
- Laptop1 (A laptop computer equipped with a numerical keypad and a touchpad will be provided. No mouse will be provided.)
- Cell phone or other communication devices
- Computer bags
- Data storage devices
- Electronic diaries
- External keyboard
- External monitor
- Fitness trackers
- Mouse pads
- Recording or filming devices
- Tablets and hybrid tablets (e.g. Surface by Microsoft)
- Wireless peripheral device (e.g. wireless mouse)
1 Provided on the day of the examination.
2 You must bring this item as it will not be provided due to COVID-19.
- Sharpened pencils1
- Books and reference material
- Mechanical pencils
- Newspapers and magazines
- Pencil cases
- Pencil sharpeners
- Post-it notes
1 You must bring this item as it will not be provided due to COVID-19.
- Alcohol wipes
- Face shields
- Feminine hygiene products
- Hand sanitizer
- Head coverings worn for religious reasons1
- Medication(s) (clear containers/packaging or loose in a clear wrapping)1
- Prescription glasses
- Tissues (loose or in a clear wrapping)
- Soft ear plugs3
- Bags (purses, briefcases, backpacks, hip packs, etc.)
- Cigarettes, tobacco products and electronic cigarettes
- Drugs and alcohol
- Eyeglass cases
- Hats and visors
- Large jewellery (e.g. pendant necklaces and large earrings)
- Lighters and matches
- Outdoor clothing (coats, gloves, scarves, ties, etc.)
- Pillboxes, organizers and cases
- Watches, smart watches timers, clocks (you must refer to the time on the clocks in the examination room)
1 Candidates wearing head coverings for religious reasons and candidates with specific medical conditions must advise the Order at email@example.com when registering for the CFE.
2 Kept in a clear plastic bag and stored under your desk.
3 Provided on the day of the examination.
- Drinks (original container or clear container with no label)1
- Food (original wrapping/container or re-covered in a clear wrapping – i.e. Saran Wrap)2
- Metal or opaque containers (other than those mentioned above)
- Cardboard coffee cup sleeves
1 All containers with liquid must have a cover to avoid messes. Juice cans and boxes should not be opened before entering the examination room. Cardboard sleeves from coffee cups should be removed.
2 Food brought into the examination room should not be noisy, distracting or have a strong scent.